My Aunt Lynn and Uncle Ali came for a visit. The two of them were anxious to meet Miss Penelope, and yes, they fought over who could hold her first. Thankfully, it was a short fight-Aunt Lynn won.
 |
| Aunt Lynn meeting Penelope for the first time! |
 |
| Uncle Ali checks out our house while he waits to hold Penelope. |
 |
| Now it's his turn. |
 |
| He's so happy! |
The entire week Devon, Penelope, and I were spoiled. Aunt Lynn took on late night feedings so that Devon and I could get some rest, while Uncle Ali made sure we were fed. He cooked breakfast, lunch and dinner(except when we went out to eat). I was so happy to smell bacon the first morning they were here. That definitely made me smile! And of course, they both spent lots of time loving on P. She didn't sit in her swing or vibrating chair once while they were here, she was always held by someone.
 |
>>>>Aunt Lynn insisted that we bring down the rocking chair. | >
 |
>Penelope in her new outfit from Aunt Lynn and Uncle Ali.
Sleeping on Uncle Ali's belly.
Time to change your diaper.
Say cheese.
During their week stay, we were able to show them a little bit of army life by taking them on post. They were able to see the PX(similar to a Walmart), the Commissary(grocery store), the food court, and a short car tour of the surrounding shops. That's all there really is to see, nothing too exciting, but I'm so glad that we took them because they were generous enough to buy groceries, not once, but twice during the week! I love having a well stocked refrigerator.
The boys bringing the groceries inside.
Daddy and Nellie before he heads back to work.
How many people does it take to change a baby?
She's so cute!
A hug for baby.
Aunt Lynn and Nellie nap after a long night.
While they were here, they were able to do some traveling. I was worried that they would be couped up in the house bored, but they drove to Prague, Czech Republic and Nuremberg, Germany. Both are very close to our house.
We were sad to see them to leave. Penelope is going to miss sleeping on Uncle Ali's belly, and Devon and I will miss sleeping through the night.
See you guys in December!
The morning Aunt Lynn and Uncle Ali left-still in our pjs. | >
No comments:
Post a Comment