Penelope's nursery is finally complete! This has been an ongoing project, and now that's she's been with us for over 3 weeks she can enjoy it.
I swear we are not bad parents. We ordered her furniture from Restoration Hardware (http://www.rhbabyandchild.com/) back in April! Of course, the changing table was back ordered so we didn't get any of the purchased items until June. Everything was shipped to Devon's parent's place in Brighton. While visiting family over the summer, I had a moving company come on July 8 to pick everything up and put it on a boat to Germany. It took over a month to get to the Deutschland, and 3 weeks to get out of customs. It didn't make it to our house until after P was born. That's a total of 5 months! The timing of it all would have been perfect if Penelope was born on her estimated due date-September 21, but as we all know she was 5 days early.
When we came from the hospital, the last thing I wanted to deal with was putting together furniture. Thankfully, we had help. Two of my girlfriends, Meredith and Abi, came over to help. We were stumped by some of the instructions, but it all worked out in the end.
Below are pictures of her nursery as a work in progress, and the final product. Enjoy...
| Take note of the height of Meredith and the crib...hilarious! |
| Changing table and dresser-all in one! |
| This girl has more clothes than Mom. |
I don't have pictures of Nellie in her nursery yet. I will post some up soon!
I love your comment about me and the crib! Haha. I'm glad I could help! I hope y'all are doing well!!
ReplyDeleteI love it Erica- it is so girly and cute and of course VERY organized :) Love you and P
ReplyDeleteMeredith, I couldn't resist! Too funny. :)
ReplyDeleteAngela, what about D? JK. We know that you love us all. haha. :)